This coming week brings about Master Lock's Random Acts of Kindness Week 2. It begins tomorrow, February 13th and goes until February 19th. A little kindness to others can go a long way, it can not only make you feel better, but can also make the person you're spreading kindness to feel better. Not only is Master Lock spreading a little kindness they are also encouraging people to keep their New Year's Resolutions, so if you are struggling to keep your New Year's resolutions this is the week for you to "lock them up" and stick to them! Do you know that Research shows that by February, 36 percent of people have abandoned their resolutions, and by April, that total increases to 54 percent. Do you fit into these statistics? If so, this is your chance to make that permanent change in your life and get back on track with your resolutions.
As put by Master Lock's Vice President, Marketing - Rebecca Smith
“A New Year’s resolution to positively change or enhance your life is an admirable goal if you can stick to it,” “We feel National Random Acts of Kindness Week is a great opportunity to spread a little kindness by providing consumers with added motivation, tips and products needed to maintain their goals for the year.”
During the week Master Lock will be surprising gym goer's in select cities with their Master Lock 1534D Password lock as a way to give inspiration to lock up their fitness resolutions for 2012 all while spreading a little kindness. If you reside in the following cities keep an eye out for the Master Lock crew handing out the 1534D Password Lock at a gym near you!
Los Angeles, California
San Francisco, California
New York, New York
If you do not reside in the above mentioned cities, don't worry, everyone will have a chance to WIN a 1534D Password Lock or a Visa Gift Card by entering their national sweepstakes. Simply "Like" Master Lock's Facebook Page and you can enter their Random Acts of Kindness Sweepstakes every day from the 13th-19th. While you are there make sure to check out Master Lock's tips on how you too can Lock Up your resolutions by staying motivated, keeping your goals in site, and your mind set to obtaining them. Make your resolutions a permanent part in your life!
Master Lock has provided me with a few tips to share with my readers as a way to stay motivated in keeping your resolutions!
• Write It Down…and Share It. Simply thinking through your resolutions and storing them mentally isn’t going to ensure you stay committed. Having a list of goals in your organizer, smart phone, or social media profile that you can easily access and share will reinforce your promise to yourself and spur encouragement from your followers and friends.
• Get the right gear. Whether your goals revolve around getting back in the gym or being more organized at home, having the right products to help you succeed is a must. For organization, the 7148D document storage box can help keep important documents safely filed away. To securely organize your digital life, register for a free account at www.masterlockvault.com to safely store your user names, passwords and other confidential data for easy access anytime, anywhere. Getting good shoes, proper work-out wear, and a new gym lock such as the 1534D Password lock will help reinvigorate your enthusiasm to exercise.
• Do it for a Month. In order for a new behavior to become a habit, you must stick to it for at least 30 days. Setting this small goal will make achieving your overall resolution more realistic. Plus, you can be encouraged when you’ve reached the one-month mark and assess your progress.
• Keep a Journal. Commit to writing one to two sentences about your progress toward your goals each day. Keeping a written record of how you’re doing will keep your resolution top of mind and motivate you to continue to make changes.
• One Step at a Time. Don’t set too many goals and then try tackling them all at once. Make one goal your priority and focus on changing your habits to achieve it. Once you've mastered it, set your sights on two additional goals, giving yourself realistic timelines to achieve them and go from there.
For more information about the tips above and other security solutions, please visit Master Lock’s website at www.masterlock.com or the Master Lock Facebook page at www.facebook.com/masterlock
The fun doesn't end here, stay tuned to Kathy's Calm To Chaos Life blog posts this week in celebration of Random Acts of Kindness week I will be offering one lucky follower of Kathy's Calm To Chaos Life the chance to win their very own 1534D Password Lock!
Disclosure:This post is sponsored by Master Lock and their Random Acts of Kindness Week 2. I was compensated for this post with a Master Lock 1534D. Information provided about tips and sweepstakes was provided by Master Lock's press release.